Twelve Georgian Sterling Silver Soup Plates
Twelve Georgian sterling silver soup plates, six with the mark of Richard Carter, Daniel Smith, and Robert Sharp, London, 1778, five with the mark of Thomas Hemming, London,1774, one with the mark of Sebastian and James Crespell, London,1759.
Each shaped circular with gadrooned border, each engraved with two crests, each marked underneath, 9 ¾ in. (24.8 cm.) diam.
213 oz. 18 dwt. (6,652 gr.)
The crests are those of Shaw and Stewart as borne by the Shaw Stewart baronets, probably for Sir John Shaw Stewart, 4th Bt. (d. 1812), who was the first to bear both the Shaw and Stewart arms.